Monday, December 26, 2011

We're in the TEENS!!!

We heard wonderful news this past week!  After being in the 20's and 30's for longer than expected (due to no movement on the list the past couple of months), we can FINALLY say that we are in the teens, and it feels SO good!!!  Luckily, our teen experience didn't come with pimples and cracked voices :o)  We were hoping to hear that we were at least in the teens for Christmas, so this was the best present we could ever ask for!!  For a while now, I've been feeling like the day when we get our child will never come.  Our patience is being tested like never before.  This wait is oh so hard!  But now, things are getting so much more exciting!  Our baby is almost ready for us, and is probably in his mothers belly right now!  This past Christmas will be our last Christmas just Chris and I :o)  Our special little boy or girl has had gifts given for the past two Christmases, and even on our Birthdays he/she has received gifts!  I sure hope things speed up a bit so all of these books and toys are not just sitting here, and all of this love we feel in our hearts can be given to him or her forever!  

I also want to mention how touched I am at those of you who have bought my paintings, or have donated money for our adoption fees.  Your support means so much to me, and helps heal the hurt from those who do not support us in our decision to adopt from Ethiopia.  I want to continue to sell my paintings, but I am a bit confused as to the legalities of it.  I've looked it up several times online, and some people say it is illegal, and others say it is legal to fund-raise, or to accept donations.  Some places say that you can accept donations as long as you say that you are NOT a non-profit organization.  I don't know what to believe, or where to go to know for sure, and this whole thing scares me.  If anyone knows what I need to do, advice would be greatly appreciated!  So for now, unfortunately, I am holding on selling any more paintings until I know for sure....but I'm still painting because it's fun and therapeutic!  I'll let you know in my next blog whether or not I will be selling more, and what the prices will be (I will have new prices as I really didn't make very much on the ones I sold so far).

We had a wonderful Christmas at Chris' mother's home in Gig Harbor.  She is quite the cook (and baker), and had a fun weekend planned for us.  After a walk she took us on, we have decided one thing we need to improve before baby is our fitness!  We went for a 2hr walk while we were there, and boy did that kick our butts (sad to say!).  We can't be having that.  I'm going to try my best to get in shape before 6 months....because I am hoping we will get our referral about then or before!   

Thanks again for all of your prayers & support, and I hope you all had a nice Christmas! xoxo!

2 comments:

  1. Yay.....so glad for the update..thinking of u guys often...the time will b here before u know it and ur little one will b n ur arms....it is sooo awesome when the time comes! I cant wait for u to get to experiencece it....Merry Christmas girl....xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Steph! :o) Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete